Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

WCCF 11-12 Additional Card - Thibaut Courtois





Thibaut Nicolas Marc Courtois (born 11 May 1992) is a Belgian footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Atlético Madrid on loan from Chelsea, and for the Belgium national team.


On 26 July 2011, Courtois completed a season-long loan deal to La Liga club Atlético Madrid and was given the number 13 shirt, last worn by David de Gea before his transfer to Manchester United.

He made his debut for Atlético in the UEFA Europa League match against Vitória Guimarães. He made his La Liga debut on 28 August 2011 against Osasuna in the 0-0 draw. Courtois started the season in impressive fashion and became first choice keeper over Sergio Asenjo, keeping four clean sheets in his first six La Liga games against the likes of Osasuna, Racing de Santander, Sporting Gijón and Sevilla. On 26 November 2011, Courtois received his first red card of his professional career against Real Madrid, after a last man foul on Karim Benzema in a penalty area at the 22 minute mark, the Madrid derby ended as a 4-1 loss for Atlético.

On 15 January 2012, Courtois held talks with then Chelsea manager André Villas-Boas, regarding spending another year on loan at Atlético Madrid. Courtois said: "I would like to stay here one more year and I said this to Chelsea's manager on Sunday." However, in February 2012, he told: "I think I will have to play for another English team for a year or two before I join Chelsea,". Also saying that he hopes to succeed Petr Čech: "I'm quite happy with my performances for Atlético. But given Petr Čech is one of the best keepers in the world, I think I will have to stay put."

Courtois kept a clean sheet in Atlético's 3-0 triumph over fellow La Liga side Athletic Bilbao in the Europa League Final on Thursday 9 May in Bucharest. On 8 June 2012, Petr Čech said regarding other Premier League goalkeepers "(there) are not many as talented as Thibaut". Also that Courtois "is one of the best talents in European football." Čech also told: "on the other hand obviously I would like to play here for as long as I could which means I need to be better than him."


As requested by Kevin at the CBox. Thanks for your patience. Enjoy

0 komentar:

Post a Comment